Today, I will be telling you about the advanced reporting module of TransSQL.
Until now, in my blog posts, I tried to tell you about the deployment procedures in TransSQL. There are users, applications, lots of deployments and their details in these procedures. In the Package execution tab of the main window, you can filter the packages (up to 100 records) according to their execution status and filter a package according to a specific package #. However, in real life, you will need more detailed reports.
Here comes Reporting module!
|Advanced reporting module of TransSQL|
You can easily remove a criterion from the list by clicking on the X button which is at the right side of the criteria or you can click on the X's next to each criterion label (in rose colour) at the right upper corner of the window. Functionally, there is no any difference between the buttons and labels.
The criteria you can use to create a report are:
- Application: Your applications will be listed so that you can choose an application from the list.
- Environment: All environments will be listed so that you can choose an environment from the list.
- Package creation date: Two date boxes appear. The one at the left is the start date and the other one is the end date for the search.
- Package execution date: Two date boxes appear. The one at the left is the start date and the other one is the end date for the search.
- Reason: You can choose a preset reason from the list to filter the search. For instance you may want to list only those packages created for Problem Solutions.
- Reference #: If entered by the package creator during package creation, you can filter the search with s specific reference #.
- Team name: You may want to list only a specific team's packages.
- User: You may want to list only a specific user's packages.
- User note: If you are looking for a package which contains a specific user note, then stick with this.
- Version: There may be different versions of an application and you may want to filter for a specific version.
You can use these criteria altogether! Every criterion can be used only once in a report. A criterion will be removed from the criteria list when you add it to the filtering list.
You will also see an operator selection whose content will modify according to the chosen criterion. For instance you may want to list all teams' packages except a specific team or exactly one team, you may want to filter only for a particular reason or except a specific reason. All these are possible with TransSQL's reporting module.
Furthermore, you can export your report result set into a delimited file using the "Save result" button from the upper menu or right click on the report.
If you want to open a package that appears in your report, then just choose that row and right click and choose "Open package"! It's that easy.
If you need to copy only some of the records from the result set, then again choose the related rows, right click and choose "Copy". Selected rows will be copied to the clipboard with the column headers.
There are also additional options and informational messages at the bottom of the report. You have an option to limit the result set (it's limited to 100 records by default) or you can choose "No limit" to remove the limitation. At the right bottom corner you will see the row count of your result set.
Thanks for your time,